Enhanced Biosecurity Training
The enhanced biosecurity plan can only work if EVERYONE on the operation follows it ALL of the time, which requires training. The following videos and materials provide essential personnel with some of the information they need to be part of the herd health protection team. Remember to document all training (visit Forms page).
Biosecurity Training Videos
- Biosecurity during Raw Milk Collection
- Biosecurity at the Processing Plant: Watch (8:07 mins) I Download (425 MB)
Cleaning and Disinfection (C&D) Station Resources
- Setting Up and Operating a Temporary C&D Station, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) and Iowa State University (ISU) Watch (16 min) | handout
- The steps in the video apply to infected (biocontainment) and non-infected (biosecurity) livestock farms
- Supply List for Temporary C&D Station, IDALS, ISU handout
- Resources for Establishing C&D Station, IDALS, ISU handout
- Preparing the C&D site, disinfection selection, University of California, Davis: Watch (9:23 mins)
- Milk Tanker Exterior C&D, Rutgers University: Watch (5:48 mins)
Download and print these full color 8.5″ by 11″ signs for use on the dairy operation.
- Do Not Enter – Cross only at Biosecure Entry Point: English/Spanish
- Biosecure Entry Ahead: English I Spanish
- Stop – Biosecure Entry Ahead: English I Spanish
- Milk Collection Signs
Download and print these full color 11″ by 17″ posters for use on the dairy operation.